This recipe is a crowd pleaser, let me tell you. So simple, yet so delicious, it’ll have everyone going in for seconds (hint, double the recipe!).
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2-15oz (or 4 cups) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoe
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, diced (may leave out it you're not a cilantro lover)
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.
Enjoy this dish as a side, by itself as a salad, or with some nacho chips/crackers!