Oatmeal is one of my favourite breakfasts! Not only is it warm and comforting, it is so versatile. This perfect blend of berries, peanut butter, banana and cinnamon is delicious and I promise, you won’t be starving a few hours after you eat it!
Packed with fiber and protein from the oats, nuts and seeds — it’s the perfect way to start your day.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1.5-2 cups nut milk (add more for runnier consistency)
- 1 banana (mushed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tbsp hemp hearts, chia seeds (for topping)
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin seed
- 2-3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add oats, nut milk and mashed banana into a small pot on medium-high heat. Bring to a bubble, stirring, and reduce heat.
- Add in cinnamon and ground flax, stirring regularly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add oatmeal to bowl, top with berries, hemp hearts, chia seed and pumpkin seeds with a dollop of peanut butter.
Use rolled oats or steel cut oats (steel cut will take longer to cook), rather than quick oats. Quick oats are more refined and quick faster, but they may not keep you feeling full as long. If using frozen berries, warm up either on stove top or microwave. If you need things a bit sweeter, you can add a dash of maple syrup!