This is my “I put that s*it on everything” sauce. It’s great on pastas and roasted veg! I even drizzle it on top of savory toast and tofu scrambles. Many cashew cream sauces call for garlic, not roasted, but I think that the key to a delicious sauce is the roasted garlic!
- 1 head of garlic
- 1.5 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1.5 cups water (start with 1.5 cups and add more depending on your consistency preference)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut off the top of the garlic and peel away as much of the out skin as you can -- drizzle with olive oil and place in an oven safe container (with lid), or wrap in aluminum foil. Place in the oven, start checking the garlic after 30 minutes, bake until garlic cloves are nice and soft and smelling DELICIOUS
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender* and blend. Add water as you go along to adjust consistency. Add more seasonings to taste (nutritional yeast, salt, pepper).
* If you don't have a high-speed blender, make sure you soak your cashews. You can do this quickly by covering them with boiling water for ~10-15 minutes OR soak overnight.