Switching up the classic weekend breakfast of scrambled eggs with scrambled tofu! I dare to say that this version is even more nutritious than its egg counterpart, with loads of protein (~18 grams per serving), calcium and antioxidant power from the turmeric.
Tofu is so versatile! It will take on any flavour that you throw at it! This is the simplest tofu scramble recipe, but you can step it up a notch and add some cumin, chili, paprika and cayenne to make it more of a Mexican style scramble.
Our favourite way to enjoy this dish is with some avacado toast and sauteed veg!
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or oil
- 1 block organic, non-GMO, firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon vegetable broth
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt some vegan butter OR oil
- Add in tofu block and take a wooden spook or potatoe masher and break up tofu into a scramble. I prefer a potatoe masher as it gets the job done quickly.
- Add in turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to coat tofu -- this is where the tofu will take on the beautiful yellow of the turmeric.
- Add in your vegetable broth and cook until liquid is completely absorbed into the tofu.
- Taste and add any additional seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper or turmeric) to your preference.